COVID-19 Travel Update – The Bahamas
Since The Bahamas reopened to international tourism on 1 July, there has been a steady increase in COVID-19 cases. In fact, the case count has risen 20-fold in the two months since re-opening. This is compared to all months preceding July 1st, despite shutting back down after only 3 weeks.
Anyone who arrives via commercial flights must now undergo quarantine at their own cost for 14 days.
Protocols for entry – COVID-19
- All travelers must take and submit a COVID-19 RT-PCR test within 10 days of travel. Anyone with a positive test or test older than 10 days will be denied entry
- All travelers must fill out an online Health Visa application and upload their negative test result to the portal. These visas take up to 72 hours to process, and you must give adequate time
- All arrivals have to quarantine at their own expense for 14 days
- Everyone must install the HubbCat app on phone for contact tracing purposes
- Everyone must take another RT-PCR COVID-19 molecular test at the end of the 14-day quarantine period, for anyone who is continuing their stay in The Bahamas.
Local restrictions for The Bahamas
A state of emergency will remain in place until 30 September.
Wearing a face mask in public spaces is mandatory, and all travelers must follow physical distancing of 6ft (2m) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are trying to remain optimistic regarding our upcoming 2021 peak diving season at Tiger Beach. Unfortunately, the first attempt to re-open it’s borders to international travel was unsuccessful. This is despite seemingly rigid entry criteria for tourists. Sadly, the country showed a dramatic increase in the number of cases and is now registering more deaths. We appreciate the flexibility and understanding of our guests and are hopeful we will have the opportunity to share this incredible experience with each of you!
Updated from previous post dated May 19, 2020 regarding COVID-19 in The Bahamas.
Any updates for 2021, Tiger beach,Bimini or Cat Island? Cheers Albert Kok
Hi Albert. Thanks for checking in. We sent over an email with details.